Saturday, July 20, 2013

Well, Call Me Inspired!


Inspired...to do what I'm not quite sure...but INSPIRED none the less. 


Ljubljana

Recently, I found my self in Ljubljana, the capitol city of Slovenia.  Such a beautiful city!  So much Art Nouveau architecture! It is safe to say I am a HUGE Art Nouveau fan.  I fell instantly in love with Ljubljana, all the beautiful curved lines, the rhythmic repetitions, and of course all of the floral motifs.  So much effort went in to making everything so beautiful.  
  
Ljubljana

All that beauty was inspiring!  So, I did what I do, and made a bizillion pictures...and I could have made a bizillion more.   These are some of my favorite architectural details...perhaps you will be inspired, too!   

Ljubljana

" A   gable without an ornament is like a man who never laughs."  Joze Plecnik, Slovene architect active in Ljubljana in the early 20th century.


Ljubljana

Ljubljana

Ljubljana

Ljubljana

Ljubljana


Ljubljana

Ljubljana

No comments:

Post a Comment